Designing a great online sportsbook in 2018
Any online sportsbook needs a handful of different techniques to draw in the players and increase engagement. Yet some of the most top sports betting websites miss out on a few important things.
With World Cup Russia in full swing, people have an increased tendency to place bets on their favourite team and players. This is an ideal opportunity for bookmakers to bank upon.
Engaging people is not an easy job and every bookmaker knows that.
Both big bookies and small ones have been busy planning out the best course of action to monetize their sportsbooks for the best returns during the Russian World Cup season.
If you are a sportsbook owner who is yet to put out the best offers this season, then go through the points below right now!
7 Things your online sportsbook needs:
Unless your website has been designed by a reputed sportsbook software provider, there may be a lot of things amiss. It is known for a fact that more than 65% who place bets do so are based on an impulse. Only a handful gamble after a thorough plan or know how to. Hence, to ensure maximum engagement, your website requires the following attributes.
- Page Load Time: Minimum page load time is something that every website requires. But every day we come across several sports betting websites that take too long to load. This is bad if you are trying to get more people to place bets on your website.
- Proper Navigation: A menu that links to the most important pages around your website is of primary importance. Your user should not have to hunt around for placing a bet or accessing any of your other services.
- Call to Action: It is a hard job to make people place bets on the given odds. You need to lure them in with words that would prompt them to take an action i.e. place bets.
- Special Offers: You cannot expect anyone to just come and give you their money unless you have something that they need or want. Having seasonal special offers or bonuses like Football Bets during soccer season can be a good practice to entice people to place bets.
- Free Bets: Similar to point 5, this offering of free bets are one of the oldest tactics in the book that your online sportsbook should definitely offer.
- Tips and Tricks: Offers alone do not cut the mark and the players may be searching for even more. This brings us to a section of tips and tricks that you can give to your users to keep them coming back. This will not only make them place more bets but also build their trust.
If you want to be the owner of a great online gambling business, you should create your own sportsbook. And it is not easy to accomplish the design and development of a website on your own. You can, therefore, hire a sportsbook software provider who knows exactly the features that would attract the maximum users to your website. Once the sports betting website is ready, you can start putting out such offers that would make your users want to place a bet as well as keep them coming back.